This is a recipe that I came up with myself after looking at the nutrition information of a frozen chicken pot pie. I love a good chicken pot pie but most of them are full of calories and fat. This recipe is super easy, which I always love, and reduces some of those unnecessary calories and fats.
Chicken Pot Pie
what you’ll need:
- frozen pie crust ( I normally get Pillsbury because it seems to hold up better than the store brand, but either will work)
- 2 cans fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 10oz bag of frozen veggies
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- pull the meat off of the rotisserie chicken and put in a large bowl
- cook veggies according to bag (I normally get the microwavable ones and do that while I pull off the chicken)
- once veggies are cooked place in the bowl with the chicken
- dump in both cans of cream of chicken soup and stir contents in the bowl until mixed well
- place in a pie crust ( you can just use the one on the bottom to eliminate carbs or you can place contents in one and top with the other. Whichever you prefer)
- cook for 30 minutes and enjoy!
The great thing about this recipe is its quick and easy, but still taste like a homemade chicken pot pie that your grandma slaved over for hours. No one will ever know it only took a little over 30 minutes!